Now that I have tested Aperture 3 for my workflow for two weeks I decided to go back to use Lightroom again. Here are few reasons for this:
1. Lightroom is working much faster and smoother in my computers (see the specs in the post below). This is quite big thing after all. First I thought I could live with slower processing but it is not so. Sometimes Aperture will slow down too much especially when working with 100% magnification.
2. I really missed History panel from Lightroom. I want to quickly check which kind of tweaks I have done and History panel is very handy for that. And it allows you to go back in the tweaks very nicely. In Aperture I am somehow “lost” what I have done.
3. Lightroom’s Graduated filter is important tool for me. It is missing from Aperture.
4. Adjustment brushes work much smoother in Lightroom. They are very nice in Aperture too but not with my computers.
5. I like Keywording more in Lightroom. Espoecially Keyword suggestion feauture is nice in Lightroom. I am able to add keywords faster.
So, those are the main reasons I am back with Lightroom. I like how Aperture renders images but I am not always sure how I got that nice result. And that is not a good thing of course. I have a full version of Aperture 3 and I will update it in the future to see if there will be some improvements in the above areas. And of course LR 3 is coming out quite soon.